Good Faith Estimate
A Good Faith Estimate (GFE) is an estimate of the costs you can expect to pay for mental health services at a private practice. The purpose of a GFE is to provide you with information about the potential costs of treatment so that you can make informed decisions about your care.
A GFE typically includes the following information:
- Session Fees: The fee charged per session of therapy or counseling. This may vary based on the type of service, the length of the session, and the therapist’s experience and qualifications.
- Insurance Coverage: Information about the private practice’s policy regarding insurance coverage, including whether they accept your insurance plan, the type of services covered, and your estimated out-of-pocket costs.
- Payment Options: Information about the private practice’s payment options, including accepted forms of payment and any fees associated with late or missed payments.
- Cancellation Policy: Details about the private practice’s cancellation policy, including any fees or charges that may apply if you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment.
- Services Included: A description of the services included in the fee, such as initial assessments, follow-up appointments, and any additional resources or materials
It’s important to keep in mind that a GFE is only an estimate and actual costs may vary. The private practice should provide you with a detailed invoice for services rendered and provide a clear explanation of any charges that are not covered by insurance.
If you have questions about the GFE or want to discuss your mental health needs, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our team is here to help you understand your options and make informed decisions about your care.